Sunday, October 25, 2015

Week 56: "You Wanna Go Where Everybody Knows Your Name" (Cheers)

Hello! Get ready for the shortest email you've ever received from me. 

We found a new investigator this week! We'll call him Marley! He's Jamaican, so it's hard to understand. But he's JAMAICAN! So neat. We taught him twice last week, then he came to church and got there half an hour early, and was asking about baptism! So amazing! Pray all goes well with him. :)

Yesterday, I got to take the Bishop of the Kirtland ward on tour with his family! He was actually released yesterday, so with all of the time that he had when he wasn't in meetings/interviews, they decided to come to the sites! It was really fun and nice to see him again. And he remembered me. I don't know why, but that ALWAYS shocks me. And when people know my name. For example, this lady in the Elders area called me by name yesterday. I was wondering how she knew my name, and when I looked down at my name tag, it was covered by my hair. HOW DID SHE DO THAT?! So yeah.

Also, I sang in church yesterday with the Elders and that was scary. But it went decently well. We sang "I'll Go where You Want me To Go". On the first verse, we each had a little solo, and my line was, "It may not be on the battle's front, my Lord will have need of me." It was supposed to be silent humor. Because I'm a girl. And they're boys. But I got that line. Get it? Battle's Front? Okay, okay that's all I have time for. Missionary work is the best and I'm in love with my Mission. Christ lives! 

Love,
Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment