Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Week 20: An almost car accident! What saved the day?

Dear You,

I have the hugest smile right now as I read about Laker's basketball game and Jett's performance--the moonwalk surprise. Too good! I just have cute little brothers. And big brothers, too, I guess.

About the clothes that you don't recognize-- they're pretty much all things that sisters have left behind once they went home. Plus some shopping. But I don't really like shopping so I just take the free stuff. Thrifty.

1. This happened, guys.
This week was awesome though! Carmenita Madame M Gracias (did you know her first name was Carmenita? Neither did we.) was baptized and it was the best thing ever. She's the sweetest. She's so funny though. She doesn't' show ANY emotion. We asked how she felt afterwards and she was like, "I'm fine." It made me a little sad that she didn't feel better than "fine" but I think she secretly did. Her daughter, who she didn't think would be able to come, came and was bawling her eyes out! She felt the spirit and was very touched. It was amazing. And we got to sing, "Savior". I really like that song. 

We also almost got in a car accident the other day. It pretty much hasn't stopped snowing for 2 days now and it's slowly (really quickly) building up. So we were going up hill, coming up to a stop sign, and I started to brake. But we were sliding and there was a car stopped in front of us so I may or may not have freaked out a little bit. I could either go into the left side of the road and hope no cars came, or pull off to the right side where there was a big billboard that we would have hit. I chose the billboard. But then the snow saved the day and stopped us before we hit the sign! My heart almost came out of my chest. But don't worry, the car is okay. 

Also, we have a Cooper in the Kirtland ward. Little Jackson. He's a cutie. I always catch him just looking over at me during the middle of Sacrament with a little smile. Then I make an overly excited face at him and he gets really embarrassed because his parents are laughing at him. It's really funny. 


2. Don't worry, we didn't even touch. Awkward.  


Yesterday, as you know, was Fast Sunday. And we only had one appointment scheduled. Scary. But then we talked to people at church and got some appointments. We first got a dinner appointment, then a few others. Eventually though, they all invited us over for dinner. At the time, we were starving, so we accepted all invitations. But after the 3rd meal... I thought I was going to explode. Plus they all had huge desserts. First dessert, delicious. Second, still delicious. Third, less desirable. Fourth, basically crying because you're so stuffed, but you still accept. Then you just want to go home and lay on the couch. But instead you eat the cookies that the senior couples made for you. Yum. Moral of the story, I'll be a chubby bunny soon.

I love you guys. 

Love, 
Me
3. Sometimes when you can't hold children, you pretend dogs are kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment