Monday, January 26, 2015

Week 19: Madame M's Birthday and Bonnets at Church

Hello!  

1.  Dinner with these lovely ladies!
Madame M has been coming to church for about 6 months now. How did the missionaries find her? Well, one day she was walking to church and a lady in our ward asked where she was going and if she needed a ride. Madame M said sure, then the member asked if she'd just like to go to her church with her and ever since then, Madame M Garcia has been attending The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. And now she'll be baptized on Saturday and I'm just way too excited. It'll be grand. 

Last week was actually her birthday! We were sitting in the middle of a lesson with someone else, then the thought came into my mind-- "It's Madame M's birthday. We don't have anything for her and we're seeing her in 20 minutes. Shoot." So we scurried over to a little convenient store and bought her a piece of cake and hot chocolate. Except for we almost bought her coffee on accident. There were a bunch of flavors and we just assumed they were all hot chocolate. Nope. "Here Madame M, have some coffee. Just don't drink it, okay?" Sheesh. 

2. Exchanges with Sister C. Smith.
One of the 3 Smiths serving in Kirtland.
Also we've been asked to sing in church. This lady in our ward picked out a song that's about family history. It's a duet, one singer from the past, one from the present. She was so excited about it! She was like, "Maybe the singer from the past could wear a bonnet and a shawl so people would know!" Then we were joking about pulling each other up to the pulpit in a hand cart or something. It was funny. We're not actually going to sing that song though. So no costumes in Sacrament meeting, don't worry.

I started wearing my contacts this week. Is that dumb of me? I don't know. I'm just a little tired of my old man glasses. But don't worry, I'll clean my contacts SO GOOD. Every night. 

Okay that's all for this week. I don't even remember it. Oh we went on exchanges! It was good. Cleaned more for the pee bottle lady. So nasty. I just bring her piles of things to go through and say, "You don't need this, right? Doesn't it feel good to get rid of things?!" And motivate her to get rid of things. And it works. 

I love you all! Have a wonderful week. And also, give the missionaries in your ward a referral. They'll love you. 

Love, 
Jayne
January 26, 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment