Thursday, March 12, 2015

Week 25: One of the harder weeks, filled with sad and happy!


Did you know there's grass in Kirtland?
Hello! This week was one of the harder ones on my mission so far. But I still loved it. 

On Tuesday Mr. W. cancelled our appointment because he didn't want us to get hurt driving on the icy roads. It's rough when people do that because we go out no matter what, but oh well. So we didn't see him until Friday night. And he told us he couldn't meet with us anymore. He's trying to retire and he had a little dilemma with some finances. I'll spare you the details. But he is now working from 1am to about 7pm, then doesn't get home until 9pm. And it hurts. Because he needs this gospel. It will fill the void he has in his life and I think he recognizes that, but he just so badly wants to retire by June. I strongly dislike seeing him suffer the way he is. I really questioned why Heavenly Father is making him deal with the things he's dealing with and honestly, I still don't understand why. But I know that He is aware of him and loves him, because I love him. Does that make sense? I don't know. But he had me say the closing prayer before we were leaving and I just broke down in the middle of it. I don't think I've every prayed harder for anyone or exerted so much energy into trying to help someone. And I didn't realize how much I cared for him until that night. I don't even like thinking about it. But we'll just keep calling him and making sure he doesn't give up. Then in June he can meet with some missionaries again. 

The Madame M goods.
She said she picked out the pants and shirt
 thing specifically for me. Thank you?
They make me look even shorter that I am. Perfect.
Okay, too much sadness. There was a lot of good this week too. Like getting to visit the Deckers in the hospital and see their new baby! Oh my goodness I loved it. But also not because we couldn't actually hold the baby. I could have just looked at him for hours and been happy though, so it's okay. He is such a little cutie! It was a happy day. I don't think I've ever seen a newborn that wasn't family that I loved so much. 

Madame M gave us some more of her goods! We'll be stopping at goodwill on our way home. Oh and she fed us. I don't know if I've ever been more nervous to eat. It was crusty/stale/dry rice with rotten brown peas and some sort of meat juice poured over the top. Usually we can avoid eating there by saying we have to go or we'll just take it home, but this time she wouldn't let us leave until we tried it. So we did. And let's just say it wasn't my most favorite meal. 

Also I sleep talked last night. Slept talked? I don't know. But I don't think I've ever done that before. So it's really exciting. I said something about working with the members. You're welcome. 

Okay. That's all. Have a wonderful week! Love you guys. 


Love,
Sister Livingston



No comments:

Post a Comment