Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Week 26: Connecting with Richard Dawkins (google him)

1. Welcome to Lake Erie. The frozen ocean.
Like my Asian eyes?
You guys! It's officially SPRING. We exercised outside for the first time since December today, and guess what. I didn't even wear a coat. And I ran a whole two miles. Impressed? Neither am I.  And cute little birds are always chirping now. Welcome, Spring. Nice to see you. 

This week was a good one. I didn't cry! Not even a little bit. We took some rough chats though. I guess there was a website that told people to go onto mormon.org and mess with us. Something about Battletoads? Whatever that is, those little rascals. But so I had a really great conversation with this guy who seemed to be sincerely interested in what we believed it. I told him about Christ coming to the Americas which led to the Book of Mormon, which led to Joseph Smith and it was SO GOOD. But then... not so good. He was like, "So Jayne, (we go by our first names on chat) what would you do if I told you that I was Richard Dawkins? Would you hate me?" I guess Richard Dawkins is hardcore atheist and has written several books on his beliefs. I told him I'd still respect him, then asked if it was him. He said, "Yes, I really am Richard. Do you mind if we use this conversion for a BBC documentary on Mormonism?" Ohhh my goodness, I died. All of the sudden I just lost all confidence in the things I had told him. Not in the events that I told him about, but in the way I told him about  them. I wanted to cry. So if there's a documentary on Mormonism by Richard Dawkins and it poorly portrays our beliefs, my bad. Except it probably wasn't actually him. Still though, scary bears. 

2. Darlene, the leader of the Bible Study we've been going to, made this statue of Jesus.
She told us we could sit on His lap. We decided we weren't little enough.
We did some hefty cleaning this weekend for a member in our ward. I really like my ward. I feel like it's my home ward since I've been serving in it for so long. Anyway. We showed up, and the member's Visiting Teacher was there and the house was completely torn apart! Literally, everything was out and just being completely organized/tossed out. It was crazy. So we spent quite some time doing that and I loved it. The Visiting Teacher just called us "Sis"."Hey Sis, can you throw this away?" "How ya doin', Sis?" Because "Sister" is too long. It was quite funny. 

Um. What else. I don't know. But I love my mission and I love my Savior and I love the SAINTS! Holy smokes I love the saints. They are my role models. So strong and faithful. I love this gospel. I'm so blessed for being able to serve here! AHHH I need to stop. I might explode. Too much love. 

I love you guys.

Love,
Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment