Thursday, August 13, 2015

Week 47: Hashtags for Days

Hello! This week was a VERY good one. We had transfers, so I am now serving in Shaker Heights with Sister Beck! She is from New Zealand! Originally from Oregon, but she and her family have lived in NZ for the past 10 years or so. She is the greatest and I am so grateful that I get to work with her. I've already been able to learn a lot from her and can tell we'll have a good time (we already are) and work hard together. Best of both worlds. Thank you, President. :)

Also, yesterday we saw a #sweetmiracle. We have been teaching these two girls, they are 8 and 10 and absolutely LOVE the Book of Mormon. It's the cutest. But the one thing that was making us a little hesitant about teaching them was the fact that their parents never listened in or cared about what we were teaching them. But then we went over yesterday, and the grandma (4 generations live in one household. Crazy.) was like, "Step outside. Can I talk to y'all for a minute?" I had a mini heart attack. I thought we were busted. But then she just said how they wanted to know what exactly it was that we were teaching the girls, so we explained and she loved it! She went on to explain how she had been reading from the Book of Mormon (real version) that we left with the girls and agreed with it. Then she asked if she and her daughter (the girls' mom) could sit in on the lessons and asked if we could come back on Thursday! #everymissionary'sdream AHHHHH! MISSIONARY WORK IS THE BEST THING YOU'LL EVER DO!!! I love it so much. 

We had Mission Leadership Council yesterday as well. And guess what! We are in the process of getting bikes!!! I've always wanted to ride a bike. I think it would be the neatest thing to ride one in a skirt. So cool! I'm excited. Sometimes I think it would be funny if missionaries used roller-blades instead. Classic. Also, our new Zone Leader is Carter's twin. Literally. With both looks and mannerisms. It's really weird but really funny. He even said, "Otay" this morning. What the. We also wear the same glasses. #iwearmanglasses

I left my planner at home today so I can't really remember what else went on. But basically I'm very happy right now. I love my mission so much and wouldn't trade it for the world. This truly is the work of the Lord. I know that it is, and I know that Christ lives. I'm grateful for the opportunity that I've had to serve and share my testimony of Him with those around me, and for the many blessings that accompany missionary work.

I love you all! Thank you for your love and support. It is much appreciated. PS Sorry for all of the #hashtags. Sometimes I think they're funny, but then, turns out they're actually not. But I'm too lazy to delete them, so I will just continue to take some time to defend and justify my overuse of hashtags. You're welcome.

Much love,
Sister Livingston!

No comments:

Post a Comment