Thursday, August 6, 2015

Week 46: It's always a good time despite the gray hair!

Hello! This week was a good one! We were able to meet with several of our investigators and find a few more. But here's the thing: I went on 3 exchanges this week. I also served at the Visitors' Center 3 days this week. So moral of the story: Sometimes I don't always get to see my investigators and it makes me sad. But, sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven. So I'll do it. 

I first went on exchanges with Sister Sorensen (my MTC companion). It was interesting to be back with her. Felt kinda weird, like I needed to be at a doctor's appointment or something, but it was fun! It was neat to see how much both of us have changed since our time together. Then the next day I was with Sister Holmes. I lived with her for a transfer and absolutely love her. We were painting some member's cabinets white, and then I accidentally brushed my hair through the wet paint. So I had white hair for the rest of the day and people thought I had gray hair. I don't really. It's brown. Well actually, I still have some paint in my hair so that's fun. Okay, enough about gray hair. Then yesterday, I went on exchanges with the one and only Sister de Kock!! It's so neat getting to serve in the same area as her because that means we get to go on exchanges a lot. And she makes me laugh like no one else. Except for maybe Lucy and Chancey. They're pretty funny, too. I like funny people. Laughing is fun.

This morning we had district meeting, and we got to hold it in the School of the Prophets. It was so neat. It's not every day that you get you have meetings in that room! For our mission study, we focused on how we can better help both members and investigators see the importance of families. So we discussed that, then we all went around and said one thing that our families have done for us. It was tough to narrow it all down to one thing, because you've really done everything for me. But something that I have really been grateful for, especially lately, is how you never just gave anything to us with no effort on our part. We've always had to work for things! And I love it. Hard work is so important, and I'm blessed to have been born into a family who values it. So thank you for that. And I'm sorry for the times I was less than grateful to work for different things. But you guys are great and I love you! Thank you for all that you do and for the love/support you show me. It is greatly appreciated. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week! And happy Birthday, Dad! Sorry I haven't gotten you anything yet. I'm running out of monies. And birthdays kind of just come out of nowhere here. How in the world is it already August? I'll see what I can put together. I love you so much! I hope it's a good one. :)

Love,
Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment