Saturday, August 29, 2015

Week 49: Heeeeyyy! (Look who is on a bike in a skirt!)

Hello hello! First off, I'd just like to say that I'm really happy right now. I don't want to be weird about it though, so that's all I'll say.

This week was so good! We borrowed our Zone Leader's bikes a few times and saw SO many miracles. I think the elders were a bit nervous for our safety, though. But we're alive and well, so no fear. Riding boy bikes in skirts is a little tricky though, because the bars are higher and don't exactly love skirts. But it all worked out. We found lots of new investigators this week! We've been really blessed in our finding efforts lately. I love it. 

One of the best things is when you teach someone, then someone else in their household finds the Book of Mormon, then starts to read from it, then asks if they can take the lessons. Then you die of happiness. I've realized that missionary work is so much more exciting when there are actual people you have to work with. And bikes. But one of the worst things is when you're expecting some of your investigators to come to church, but they don't come. It kind of hurts a little bit. Good thing there's always next week though. 

I also took a lot of non-member tours this week. Solo non-member tours. Those can be scary, because there is sooo much that you have to explain in order for any of the tour to make sense. It's kind of like a fire-hose. A lot of times they end up great, and a lot of times you feel emotionally exhausted and drained afterwards because of their attacking questions. Especially when you're on your own. But, that's all part of the mission experience, I suppose. Though most missionaries don't have to go through it on their own. Well, neither do I. I always have Christ and the spirit by my side. But what I'm saying, is most missionaries are ALWAYS with their companions. But not here, my friend! 

I went on exchanges to Kirtland again! Except for this time we mostly saw people from the other side of the ward. The side that I didn't cover. But, that includes the Deckers! So fun. We just did a quick stop by to say hello. It made my day. That, and teaching a lady who had 5 cats. Obviously.

On Wednesday, we have meetings all day long. I'm not even kidding. MLC from 7:45-9. Then a Mission Conference with Elder Bennett from 9-4, then another MLC with Elder Bennett from 5-8. Hooooly smokes. It will be grand. I'll let you know if I live through it next week. 

I love you guys!

Love,
me
We like to pretend we ride a tandem bike.


The Elder closest to me is the one that's Carter's twin. So freaky!

They look more alike in person, but you can still kinda tell.




No comments:

Post a Comment