Saturday, September 26, 2015

Week 53: The Spirit in the School of the Prophets

Greetings, friends. 

This week was really great! Though I'm not too sure what all happened. I feel like it was preparation day just yesterday! Weird.

I get to stay in Shaker Heights for another transfer which I am absolutely THRILLED about! #shakerboundbaby! I just really like it here. Like, a lot. Bill is getting baptized on Saturday! We had our first lesson with him on August 28th, and he's getting baptized on September 26th. Less than a month. It's so crazy! That never happens here. Well, rarely. Veeeery rarely. But when we told our WML about moving Bill's baptismal date forward so much, he was like, "Are you sure he's ready?" We explained that he was. Then yesterday Brother Rhodes, WML, took Bill from church to work and afterwards he said to us, "He's definitely ready. His understanding is incredible." YEAH IT IS! Hes' so neat. 

#siteelders
Last Tuesday, the Elders had their Preparation Day on Tuesday because it was Transfer week. But we were serving at sites, and they all came in and wanted to take a tour-- That's just something they do the Preparation Day before transfers, especially when elders are leaving the Kirtland zone. It's like a last hurrah kind of thing. So Sister Beck and I took them, but we made them give us the tour based off of what they remember from bringing investigators and what not. Plus they threw in some random ridiculous "facts". It was so funny! But then we got into the School of the Prophets, and two of the elders really took control and buckled down. They just talked about how special that room is and how blessed we were to be in it, and the atmosphere completely changed! They invited us all to kneel down and pray to re-dedicate our missions to Heavenly Father. We all did that at the start of our missions, and the spirit was strong, no doubt. But get that room full of Elders and Sisters who have done nothing but pray about, study and preach the word of God for the past 3-18 months, and there is nothing better! The spirit was SO strong, I didn't want to leave. I'm just so grateful I was able to experience that. It was so neat to see the contrast of everyone before the School of the Prophets, and in the School of the Prophets. The spirit--it's a powerful tool. 

The Baby District
I don't really know what else to talk about. But I do know that Christ lives, and I know that He is the one leading and directing us today, through His servant, Thomas S. Monson. I'm grateful for the knowledge of a Savior who died for me and you and knows us individually, perfectly and eternally. It is only through following him that we are able to make it back to live with our Heavenly Father, who is there for us every step of the way, but is SO eager for us to return to him. I am so excited to go home (not Auburn home) ((gross)) (((just kidding, its' a good place))) and speak with them! It is going to be the best reunion of my life. 

I love you guys! If you have time and they have the need, feed the missionaries soon! They'd probably really appreciate it. :) Have a wonderful week.


Love,
Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment