Sunday, September 6, 2015

Week 50: Rubio's Anyone?

Heeeeeyyyy! It's me, Sister Livingston. 

This week was fabulous. It all started out with the endless day of meetings, which I loved SO so much. We woke up at 5:50, left by 6:30, stopped at Panera, got a bagel or two, spread some cream cheese one it, ate it, then drove to the west side of Cleveland where we started our first meeting at 7:45. This meeting consisted of President and Sister Brown, Elder and Sister Bennett, the Assistants, and all of the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders. Elder Bennett told us that he didn't have anything planned. Nothing! Not for that morning meeting, not for the half mission conference later in the day, not for Mission Leadership Council later that night. Sweet nothing. He just wanted it to be a big council! And it was amazing. It all stemmed from the question, "How is the adversary getting to the Ohio Cleveland Mission?" We all just had to be really open and honest about things we had noticed, whether personally or in those we are over. It was really neat. Then Elder Bennett told us that that morning meeting was kind of the rough draft for the Mission Conference, which started at 10. It was SO good! I've never been to a meeting like that before--no structure at all. Simply the guidance of the spirit. Then that meeting ended at about 4:30, and we were on to Mission Leadership Council. That started immediately, and lasted until 8:45. There, we just discussed how we could help the mission carry out with the things we learned that day. It was really great! And really draining! And I loved it!!! We didn't get home until 9:45. And it felt like midnight

Then on Thursday, we were on bikes again! But here's the problem: the Elder who was letting me use his bike got emergency transferred, and the new elder who came in is quite a bit taller than the former. And.... I didn't quite fit his bike. Midget legs. So it was a struggle all day long. But it worked out and we saw many miracles! I really hope I don't leave this area any time soon. I love it too much. And I love my companion too much. She has really taught me a lot, and I am forever grateful for that. Plus, she thinks she's a cat. Match made in Heaven.

We were able to meet up with one of our potential investigators that we met while on bikes last week, and he was so excited to meet with us! And let me just say, that's not too common here in the Ohio. Or in many other places, I would imagine. But it was so exciting! It felt like a dream. So we had our appointment with him on Friday, and while talking about the Bible he asked, "What are your thoughts on the Bible? Have you ever heard of the game telephone?"

...... I love comparing all of the different translations of the bible to that game. Then we started to talk about the Book of Mormon. "Oh yeah! I just ordered one a few days ago! It should be coming soon." Then he proceeded to tell us that he was going to start to look for a new job so that he could come to church. Who is this guy?! We didn't even talk about keeping the Sabbath Day holy.  Dumbfounded. Heavenly Father is being very good to us. I'm really grateful for it. And I love seeing others get SO excited about the gospel. It makes me so happy.

I really love my mission a whole lot. Everything about it, really. It's far from perfect, but it's perfect. You know? Though I wouldn't mind a Rubio's Bean and Cheese Burrito every now and again. 

Have a wonderful week! I love you all. 

Love,
Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment