Saturday, December 12, 2015

Week 64: A story (with a high and no lows), a transfer, and a picture!


Goodbye to the cutest family there ever was! The little girl trying to get away kept trying to sit on my lap so that I could read to her. THE BIGGEST TEMPTATION! I just want to hold a baby again.

Hello! This week was really great. We were able to find some new investigators (one of whom was high at the        time, but he's still a child of God so we love him) which is always exciting. Hopefully we'll be able to help them       progress soon. I just have one story to share this week:                                                                                           

Okay, okay I could tell you many stories. But this one is my favorite. So, here we go!

Enjoy:

On Sunday, our Zone Leaders had an investigator come to church, whom some Sisters had been teaching online. The sisters invited him to church, gave him the address, then told the Elders to look out for him. So at church was the first time they ever met. Pretty neat. But he was way cool! It was fast and testimony meeting and the spirit was very strong. We even had a gospel lady share her testimony through song as she pointed out to the crowd. Several members mentioned Kirtland in their testimonies, so during Gospel Principles, the investigator asked what it was and said he'd like to visit it. And Sister Beck and I just happened to be assigned to sites that day! So we told him that we give tours there, and he said he would like us to take him on one. And that's really neat just by itself--here he had just spent 3 hours at church for the first time in America (he's Indian), but he wanted more! Luckily, the elders schedule allowed them to come so we took them on tour. The elders really didn't know much about this guy, so on their way over they got to know him a bit more so that they could tell us if he had any concerns. That way we'd be able to cater the tour more to his personal needs. They texted us as they drove over and said he didn't seem to have any, and that they wanted to commit him to baptism in the School of the Prophets. SO COOL and SO EXCITING. Then they arrived, and away we went! 

He was very prepared. After we watched the "Kirtland film" (covers the history of Kirtland from 1831-1838), he expressed how he felt this power go through his body when it was showing the acceptance of the Kirtland Temple. We explained to him how that was the spirit and one of the Spirit's roles is to testify of truth. And he kept bringing up how good he felt! He was just amazed at everything we shared with him. Then, we eventually made it to the School of the Prophets. (Side-note: We did a little pre-set and explained how special that room was, and he asked if he was allowed to take of his shoes before he went in. So cool!) So we were in the School of the Prophets and we told the story of all the men who were using tobacco, but gave it up immediately when Joseph told them about the Word of Wisdom. Then we talked about the other events that took place there (Mom, just wait till I take you on a tour when we come back to visit.:) ) and he explained how he felt the spirit more and how much he loved it. I then explained how everyone can feel the presence of the Holy Ghost, but once we are baptized by the proper authority, we can have have him with us at all times. He loved the sound of that. Perfect gateway into the baptismal invitation. Next thing ya know, Elder Bowcut committed him to baptism! The investigator said he would really like to, but he needed to make sure he knew what he was doing, so he wanted to attend a "session" (church) at least 2 or 3 more times before he was baptized. GOLDEN. So they got him on a date, and he is all set to be baptized on December 26th! The merriest of all Christmas presents. It was so neat! One of my favorite tours. It was just so neat to see how prepared he was. He said, "I've found something that I didn't even know I was looking for." It's almost like he read Preach my Gospel or something. But seriously! It was so amazing. And a lot of times when missionaries bring their investigators they (the missionaries) don't participate much, but the Zone Leaders were right there, teaching with us! And that really added a lot. It was like we were one giant companionship. #shakerunity. 

So yeah. He's really neat and I hope I get to go to his baptism. I think I will, because even though I'm getting transferred tomorrow, I'm staying in the Kirtland Zone. And guess. What. I'm going back to the Kirtland ward to train a new missionary. I'LL BE IN THE KIRTLAND WARD AGAIN!!!!! Isn't that so crazy?! I honestly can't believe it. They're going to be so weirded out when I show up on Sunday. "I'm baaaaack!" So crazy. So exciting. Such a tender mercy. I thought I was going to train in an area that I didn't know, but nope! Going back to Kirtland, baby! So I'll only have served in 2 areas my entire mission. And that's a little weird. But they're the best areas I could have asked for, so it's fine by me. :) I just need to figure out a way to convince President to let me bring Sister Beck with me. And to bring DK back, of course. 

Okay, that's my life. Christ lives, and he LOVES! Don't you forget it, ya hear?

Love,
Sister Livingston


No comments:

Post a Comment