Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Week 65: The Eyeball Issues Companionship

Hello! What's up? I got my new companion, I'm back in Kirtland, the weather is that of a summer's day, life is great. Sister Tibbitts is from Panaca, Nevada and is doing awesome! You know how I know we're meant to be comps? Fine, I'll tell you.

Because we're both "new" (I'm an old new) to the area, we didn't have any appointments set up for week, so on our first night together, I just planned to take her around to some members I knew to introduce them to her. After we left the first house, we got in the car and her hand was over her eye and she said, "My eye is killing me! Can you see anything in it?" I looked over, her eye was BRIGHT red and she had thousands of tears on her face. "WHAT'S HAPPENING TO YOU? Did I say something wrong? It's not you, it's me." But I gave her eye a little looksey-- Sweet nothin'. We didn't know what to do, so we just drove to our next appointment with Danyelle and Issac. Before we went inside, I looked at her eye again and couldn't really see anything. It was just swollen. But then we went inside where there was better lighting and the white of her eye had a giant bubble on it! Like, a huge blister. It was the freakiest thing. So we left and called to get the Doctor's opinion who told us to get allergy pills. And that we did. As we were driving home, she was like, "I'm going to need an eye patch!" "Well friend, today is your lucky day. I just so happen to have one. Welcome to Ohio!" Except she didn't actually need it. It was just funny how it all worked out. They eye ball issues companionship. Lovely. She's all better now, though. We think she's just allergic to guinea pigs. 

We don't have any investigators right now, so we'll be doing lots of finding activities in the future, but I think that'll be a good experience for a new missionary. And she's all for tracting, so things are looking good!

It's so fun being back in the Kirtland Ward, though it now feels like I never left. You know how RMs always say that when they come home, their mission feels like it was just a dream? I feel like Kirtland is my home, Shaker was my mission, and now I'm back home in Kirtland. Like, did I even serve in Shaker? Yes. And I loved it. I miss it, but I'm excited to be in Kirtland. The first shall be last, and the last shall be first. 

For Christmas, we're going over to Bishop's for lunch and to skype. Now sure what time exactly, but I'm guessing it'll be between 12-2 my time. I hope that works for you! I'll be able to send a quick little email on Thursday to get a more definite time. 

I love you and am excited to see your faces next week! But I'm also freaked out that it's already almost Christmas. Where has the time gone? I don't even know.

But I know with all my heart that this is the Lord's work. I know that this is His church and that it contains the fullness of His gospel. The Book of Mormon is the best book in the entire world and I love it so so SO much, I wish I had it all memorized. I just wish that everyone would take the time to read it! If you haven't, you're missing out. Read it, and then pray about it! You won't regret it. Not even a little bit. 

Love,
Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment