Thursday, January 21, 2016

Week 70: When you're so happy that you cry!

HELLO! I just want you to know that I forgot to wear my glasses today. So in order for me to see the screen, I have it really blown up. Basically the whole world can see what I'm saying. Except for I'm in a corner. So nevermind.

Anywho.

This week was fabulous! Missus T got baptized and it was amazing! I've never seen her smile so big. It was very happy. When she first told us she wanted to get baptized, she explained how she had never seen people so happy that they were crying (Fast and testimony meeting. Classic). It was just unlike anything she'd ever experienced or felt. We explained how a lot of people cry when they feel the spirit, but we also explained that it's okay if you don't cry. You're still allowed to feel it. Then after she got baptized, she was able to say a few words and she thanked everyone for coming out to her baptism. She then paused for a bit and said, "I don't know why, but I feel like crying!" Then there were tears. "This makes me happy. This makes me really happy" were her next words.  She was so happy that she was crying! It made me cry! Something she had never experienced before. It 's been amazing to see her growth in these few short weeks that we've been able to meet with her. And it's really amazing to see how the word of God really does heal the wounded soul. That's something I've really learned on my mission--the gospel changes lives in the best way possible. It's also amazing to see how much you're able to love people after knowing them for so short a time. And that's why I love my mission. I love loving others. That might be weird, but it's true. It's a happy thing.

I have to go. But I love you all and I'm eternally grateful for my Savior who truly is able to heal us when we let Him. It's the best. 

I'll send pictures next week. 

Love,
Sister Livingston 

No comments:

Post a Comment