Monday, January 25, 2016

Week 71: An answer to prayer...and lots of pictures!

Hey! Hello. It's me. 

This week was wonderful! Well actually, as a whole it was pretty slow. We're struggling to find new investigators. Once again, everyone we come in contact with while tracting: "We're catholic." *door slam* *tears*. 

BUT! We got to go to the temple with Missus T! Baptized on Saturday, Confirmed on Sunday, Temple on Friday. And she did the work for 35+ people. Boom. So crazy. But she loved it! So that made up for all the doors in our faces.

Also, we had the neatest lesson with one of our investigators! His name is Jamie. We taught him about 2 weeks ago and had made the goal to get him on a baptismal date by the end of the lesson. So at the end of the lesson we were talking about it and he seemed like he wasn't looking to be baptized at the time. But we just said, "That's okay! You don't have to be completely ready right now, but we want to pick a date for you to work towards." He just looked at us kind of dumbfounded. I was scared. I had no idea what he was thinking. So what did we do? Promise blessings. So many blessings. He said he'd pray about it and we said thank you. Then we left. Fast forward 2 weeks to last Saturday. We asked what he was thinking about baptism. He said, "I wasn't going to tell you until after my baptism, but I guess I'll tell you. Last time, right before you came over I said to God, 'God, if this is what I'm supposed to be doing, I want a date to know when it should happen.' Then you asked me about a date to be baptized. That's why I just kind of stared at you." And then I EXPLODED inside. Such an answer to prayer--both ours and His. And that's how you know it's of God. Then during the closing prayer, we were all on our knees, and he started to CRY! Ahhh so powerful. It was so neat. I wish you all could have been there. Especially Lacey. She's my niece. 

So those were the highlights of our week. Sorry if I made you break the 10th, I didn't mean to. I just love my mission. The church is true. I know it is. And I LOVE it. I have come to really love Joseph Smith. My stomach hurts sometimes when I think about it too much because I just want to meet him. He's my hero. 

That is all.

I love you. Don't forget to say your prayers. 

Love,
Sister Livingston


MISSION BUDDIES




BAPTISM/SITE ADVENTURES





TEMPLE TRIP




No comments:

Post a Comment