Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Week 17: A Lost Wallet--God Answers Prayers!

Hello! This is going to be a real short one. Maybe. I always think that, then they're always way too long. Whatevs. This week was TRANSFER WEEK! So I got a new companion. Her name is Sister Newren. She's from Mapleton, Utah and is great! She's been out for 17 months, so this is her last transfer. Therefore, it needs to be a good one! The best one. Pressure's on. Yikes. PS, don't worry. I'm still the driver. My goal is to never be the co-driver. Except I really have no say in that. 

Peecture: Meet The District.

Madame M gave me some more goods! This week I got 3 more pairs of size 8 shoes, a jacket that has the biggest shoulder pads you've ever seen, a black sparkly belt, a tie, and a garden gnome. I put him in our window in the kitchen. Also, somehow she manages to move all of her 5 tables around by herself. In a room where you can hardly walk. But her furniture is different every time we go over there. It just amazes me. She's doing well though, showing more signs of understanding and progression. 

We did a bunch of service this week. Service is definitely one of my favorite things ever. It just feels good, you know? We painted some walls, cleaned out some sicknasty cupboards and shoveled some snow. At seven at night. In the -8 wind chill factor weather. And I loved it. Your toes pretty much never get the chance to thaw here, but that's okay. Right? Right.

Also, I lost my wallet a few days ago. And I was freaking out for several reasons:
1) My monies are in there 
2) My temple recommend is in there
3) My driver"s license is in there
4) Some pictures of loved ones are in there

So it was scary. I emptied my bags multiple times, checked all of the 4 cars that we drove, checked my pockets countless times, no wallet. Shoot. I was praying, pleading with Heavenly Father that I would be able find it. Then, I decided to check my bag one last time and... there it was. Right under my scriptures. I had emptied that bag probably 4 times looking for my wallet and I never saw it. God answers prayers. I know that He does. I know that he is aware of each and every one of us, and that He wants us to have success and be happy. I love my Heavenly Father, and my Savior, Jesus Christ. I love this gospel. I love being a missionary. Really, I just love life. And I love all of you.Thank you for all of the support and love you show me! It really means a lot. Have a wonderful week. 

WWJD? CTR. 

Love,
Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment