Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Week 16: I'll Choose To Be Happy. Will You?

Hello, what's up? This week was a good one. I loved it. But don't I love all weeks? Yes. Yes, I do. 

Meet the Cardon Family
Emergency Transfer.
 I am now serving in a triple up in Seusong
 with Elder Trentman and Elder Early.
Lets get to work, boys. 
So last Monday, we went over to Madam M's to teach her a little lesson or two, and she's started to clean out her house! Like, we can fit through the door now without knocking something over. It's a big deal. And guess what. After all this time, she finally found out I was from California. She said her son's aunt lives in LA and told me to keep an eye out for her, then to call her so that she can get her son in contact with his aunt. The name to look out for is Cameron Quitanilla, Rosales or Murillo. She didn't know the last name. My only question is, how exactly does she expect me to find this person? Beats me. She also gave me some more gifts. She looked at my feet then asked, "You have small feet?" "Yes, I KNOW, Madam M. Please don't make fun of me." Just kidding. didn't actually say that. I just said, "Yes! I do." Then she waltzed on over to her kitchen and pulled out some sandals for me. Size 8. Only a few sizes too big. They're keepers (not really). But speaking of new shoes, TRENTMAN FAMILY: You   guys are the best! Literally. Way too kind of you. Thank you so  much. I can't get over it. I owe you big time. 

We had a member meal this week. Meat loaf, to be specific. Meat loaf is already a little sketchy just because you never know what exactly has been thrown into it. But this one was exceptionally scary because we had previously heard that we should try to avoid eating at this member's home due to the messiness of their house. But it was mostly                                                                                                            scary because it had a giant cockroach butt                                                                                                          on it. Not even kidding. Yum. A little extra                                                                                                                crunch. 
Jenna Kim Jones!


We got to meet Jenna Kim Jones this week! She's the news girl on Meet the Mormons. She married the son of some members in our ward so she came to the VC and talked about the movie a little  bit. It was pretty neat. Also, you know you're a missionary when you celebrate New Year's with a glass of sparkling cider at 7:30 pm with a senior couple. It was funny. But hey, I got some free cookies. Like 30 of them. But then I woke up the next morning and there were only about 6 left. I only ate 3. Some sneaky little rascal had a midnight snack. 

Courtesy of Milagros Garcia



We had a very humorous/uncomfortable/unnecessary encounter yesterday. I won't use any names, but I think it's worth telling. An older man came up to Sister dk and me while we were observing the nativities and made a comment about how he can't sit in one place for very long. He said something about needing a warranty for when he goes back to heaven. Then he cupped his cheeks (not the ones on his face) and said, "I thought these were supposed to cushion me when I sit! But instead, I just sit on two bones. Then when I stand up, they just sag down!" Ohh.                                                                                                            Oh my. Thank you for that. TMI? TMI. Never                                                                                                            again, please.

It's transfers week, so I'll be getting a new companion. It'll be sad because I really like Sister de Kock. But the good news is that I really like all the sisters that serve in the Visitor's Center. So no matter what happens, I'll be happy. I'll choose to be happy. Will you? "Yes." Good. Thank you.

I have to go. I love you all! Have a wonderful New Year. Also, if you haven't seen it already, you should check out the "Look not Behind Thee" Mormon Message. It's a good one. Okay, bye.

Much love,
Sister Jayne Livingston

Happy New Year to you.
Happy Birthday to me.
Happy Birthday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment