Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Week 43: Men in Blue?, Cool Cats and Smoking Hot!

Hello! This week was great. For several reasons:

1.  I don't want to make anyone jealous, but guess who came to the sites on Saturday. Only Elder Jeffrey R. Holland!!! And guess who got to shake his hand. Me. It was the neatest! He just radiates with the spirit. It was an experience never to be forgotten. I still haven't washed my hand. Just kidding. But really, It was a very special experience. I recorded it! (He didn't even know.) So maybe some day you guys can see it. 

2. I got to play the violin at Zone Training Meeting, then at church, and tonight I get to play in the temple! Except for I always get really nervous then my hand shakes which makes the bow bounce which which results in the not most pleasant sound there ever was. But also not the worst. So that's something I guess. 

3. Yesterday Sister Finlinson and I got to be a part of the CTR 5 class, because the lesson was on missionary work. It was really fun. One of the kids in the class is named Jett. Short for Jettai. From Tahiti. I think. But the kids wrote letters to missionaries! And it was the cutest thing. And I really liked it. And I think it would make a missionary's day to receive letters/drawings from kids in their ward. And.... I'm a missionary. :)

4. I took SUCH cool families on tour! It's so weird how you can know someone for 1.5 hours and love them so much by the end of it. But I don't think they love me. Mostly I just love them and they don't even know it so I'm just a creepy missionary who likes the idea of receiving letters from primary children.
But during one of the tours, we were walking out of the Whitney store, then this blue mini cooper comes rolling on in through the Visitors' Center. That's not supposed to happen. Because, well, there's a gate to prevent that from happening. But, it happened. So I just kind of looked at them with a confused look on my face. They were two 50ish year old men just smoking with their shades on and their hands hanging out of the window. Cool cats, really. So I walked up to the window and was like: (now I'm going to write out a play)

Me: "Hey!"
Driver: "Hey there! Just taking my friend on a tour here. This building is where Joseph reformed the church, right?" I explained how it was restored in New York, but really developed here in Kirtland. 
Driver: "Ohhh okay. But you like, had to meet here to become an apostle or pilgrimage, right?"
Me: "No, it's where the saints gathered for a time, but it wasn't required to join the church."
Driver: "Hmm. Okay. Did I come in at the wrong place?" 
Me: "....l .....Yeeeeah, kinda."
Driver: "Okay!" *Drives off through the rest of the sites and turns around and drives past us again. Then I went up to him and asked if they'd like to take a tour. I said we'd be happy to take them on one! His response:

"Ooh, oh no, I've been here plenty of times. I'm just showing my buddy around. How evangelical of you though!" *rolls up the window and drives away*

Then we all just stood there dumbfounded, confused as to what just happened. And then we laughed. A lot. And that probably isn't even that funny to you guys, but it was hilarious. I've noticed that things are funnier in person a lot of the time. But I'm also really bad at telling stories because I just laugh the whole time and no one actually knows what I said. But that's okay. 

I love you guys! I hope you have a wonderful week. 

Love,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment