Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Week 58: God Be With You Till We Meet Again

Hello, hello!

Sorry the past two emails have only been half a gallon long. I'll try to be better. This week was great! We got transfers calls on Sunday, and I'm staying in Shaker AGAIN! So crazy. Like, nuts actually. 5 Transfers in Shaker. I was shocked when I found out. I assumed I'd be leaving, because usually STLs don't stay in an area for more than 3 or 4 transfers, so I started to pack my suitcases on Saturday night. My closet and dresser had SWEET NOTHIN' in them. Then we got the call, and I had to unpack my bags! The thing that's weird though, is the fact that Sister de Kock's companion, Sister Erickson, has only been here for 2 transfers and she's leaving! So she wasn't prepared at all to leave, but she's leaving. I was super prepared to leave, and I'm staying. President Brown is a tricky one. But I'm glad. I really love this area.

Speaking of Sister de Kock, she goes home tomorrow and I want to cry. It still hasn't quite hit me yet though, so tomorrow will be rough. Especially because during Transfer Meetings we have all the departing missionaries stand on the stand and we sing, "God Be With You Till we Meet Again". It's always really sad, but to have my dk leaving! Someone get me some tissues, please. She is the best. I really love her a lot and have been able to learn so much from her. She'll be a life long friend, no doubt. Is it okay if I move to South Africa? Thank you.

On Sunday we had what was called a "Non-Member Sunday". All of the talks were supposed to be completely geared to those who aren't of our faith. They were going to be on: The Restoration, Plan of Salvation and Gospel of Jesus Christ, though we only ended up having time for one. But Bill bore his testimony and it was awesome! He's so cool. We hoped that a lot of members would invite their friends and we'd be able to meet some potential investigators, but there was a grand total of one non-member who showed up to Sacrament Meeting. And that was our former investigator. So that was kind of sad. I mean, it was great that she showed up, but sad that no one else was able to make it! But it's okay, because it was just want she needed. That was her first time attending church and she LOVED it. She told us, "Usually I don't listen to every word that is said in services, but I did this time. I really enjoyed it and learned a lot." So neat! So hopefully things continue to go well with her.

Thank you for the emails each week! You're all the bomb.com. Especially you, mom. (You know I pay her to say things like that about me.) I love you all! Have a great week and say your prayers.

Much love,
Sister Livingston

Enjoy my face and the really pretty trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment