Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Week 61: The Best Thing I've Ever Done With My Life!

Heeeeey!

The week of never ending exchanges is over!! And 3 District Meetings. It was really hectic, but really fun. Really draining, but lots of learning. So, I'm happy. 

I got to go back to Kirtland on Wednesday with Sister Davis and that was FABULOUS! Got to see Sister C and boy do I miss her prayers! Love that little lady. So much. I also got to see Madame M! Still a hoarder. But the cutest one you'll ever see. Then on Thursday, I stayed in Shaker with Sister Berry and it was amazing! We found a new investigator. He was the one who offered to give us his number, he made sure we had his address and then when we were getting ready to leave, he was like, "Don't forget about me!" His father recently passed away, and he's proposing to his lady friend on Christmas, so he's prime. Hopefully all goes well with him! Then on Friday, I served in the Euclid area with Sister Janairo and we almost got blown over to California due to the crazy wind. By this time, I didn't even know who Sister Beck was. Just kidding. But it was nice to be back with her on Saturday.

On Saturday, we took the coolest tour! 3 non-members. A mom, daughter and some other guy. We're not quite sure how he fit into the picture. But at first they said, "We're just here to learn." But by the end, they had so many questions! The mom kept saying how the spirit told her to come to the sites, and how she loved the feeling that was there, and she was SO inspired by the saints. We told her about the Book of Mormon and she was like, "I would love one!" So we got one for her, and then the daughter asked if she could have her own. SO COOL. At the end of the tour, she said, "I know this may seem weird, but I just want to know. Do you believe in the power of healing?" YEAH WE DO!!!! Then we told her a story of one of the saints, and I told her the story of my eye. She loved it! Then she explained how she's had cancer multiple times and has had to go through chemo, but then she was like, "I know where I'm coming next time it comes back!" Supersupersuper cool. The sad part is they didn't want to give us their information. But they live nearby, so I trust that they'll be back. 

Basically, this is the best thing I've ever done with my life. I'm grateful everyday for the decision that I made to serve. I wouldn't trade it for a thing! I love Ohio (though I don't mind that I don't live here permanently) and the people, I love the sites, I love the missionaries I serve with. I just love it all. 

CHURCH IS TRUE!

Oh. By the way, next week our Preparation day is being moved to Thursday for Thanksgiving. So I'll be emailing on Wednesday for like 4 seconds. And the week after that, Preparation day won't be till Thursday. It's a good thing sacrifice brings for the blessings of heaven. 

Until then, be good.

Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment