Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Week 59: The Spirit is Still Here, No Fear!

The Calista Crew
Heyheyhey! 

This week was really exciting, but also really depressing. Exciting, because I'm still in Shaker with Sister Beck. Depressing, because I'm in Shaker with no DK. And that's the worst. It's weird not having her around and I don't like it. Not one little bit. It's a good think Christmas is coming up though, now she can send herself to me. In a package. 

I Love to See the Temple
So there used to be us 4 (me, Beck, DK and Erickson) serving in our area, but now DK is home and Sister Erickson got transferred, so it's just Sister Beck and me! And it's freaky. We live in a huge home by ourselves, we weekly/nightly plan by ourselves, we eat by ourselves, we sleep by ourselves (nothing new, don't worry), we do it all by ourselves! It's definitely taking some adjusting. But it means that we're staying busy! So that's a blessing. PS when I say "by ourselves" I mean just the two of us mortals. The spirit is still here, no fear. 

Good-bye, Sis. de Kock (DK)
One Last Selfie Together
We were able to find some new investigators this week! One is a former investigator. He's from Italy and it's a struggle to understand him. Plus he like to hold our arms and place his face no further than 5 inches from our faces. Some might say it makes me feel weird. Plus we can hardly get a word in when we meet. Plus he says he already knows everything that the Bible and Book of Mormon teach. But he is still a child of God and we love him. The other is a man we just met on the streets. He calls us like, all the time though. And he's a little too excited to meet with us. So we may or may not have to pass him over to the Elders. The last one was a Head Quarter Referral. Her name is LaFawnda (not really). We stopped by yesterday and she was like, "I ordered this a looooong time ago, girl!" But we just stoked her hair and said it would all be okay. Just kidding. We gave her a free Bible and she was said, "Great! And how often are you in this area? I work the night shift from 8pm to 8pm, but usually don't go to bed until12pm so mornings are best for me. When can we meet this week?" We were blown away! It was a miracle. She's super neat. We're excited to see what happens with her.

God Be With You, DK!
What else? I don't know. Oh! Bill bore his testimony in church yesterday! That's 3 times in 3 weeks! And we didn't even ask him to do it this time! He also bought Sister Beck and me some CTR necklaces and Journals. Precious. HE GOT THE PRIESTHOOD YESTERDAY!!!! So we're trying to set up a temple trip with him and Rose, the Elder's Recent convert who was baptized a few weeks ago. Temple party. In the most reverent way, of course.

We also got to take President and Sister Brown on a tour with some of their extended family. Elder Wynder made us. It was scary, but it was SO good! It 's neat getting to spend some one on one time with them. Well, I guess it was actually two on five time, but what is math anyways? 
The Last Hurrah!
I love my mission. I've been able to learn so much and really strengthen my testimony. I wouldn't trade it for a thing! Not even all the Rubio's bean and cheese burritos in the world. It's here that I've really come to know Jesus Christ and feel of his love for not only me, but for everyone. And let me tell you, His love is real. And it's strong! It's eternal and will never end. It's amazing. I love Him with all my heart and want to be more like Him.

I hope you all have a great week! 

Much love,
Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment