Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Week 11: Another Kiss!

Hello, all!

It was another great week! Kind of. It was weird. But good, nonetheless. We had P-Day, 3 days at the sites, then Thanksgiving. So we really only had 2 days out in our area and no one wanted to see us on Friday because they were recovering from Thanksgiving. So it was a slower week. But that's okay! We'll make up for it this week. Don't you worry. 

1. Sister Smith, Holyoak and me.
We played in the temple together
.

So on Tuesday, Community of Christ held a Thanksgiving service in the Kirtland Temple that we went to. That's when I got to play violin in the temple! Such a neat experience. The spirit was so strong. I've also been asked to play at the Visitor's Center for the next two weekends for the nativities. There are over 750 nativities on display in the VC and SO many people come to see them. It's pretty cool. I feel bad though because I've been borrowing this lady's violin for about my entire mission now. But I keep getting asked to play, so I just don't know what to do.
Oh well.

2.  Nativity Opening Night
Thanksgiving Day we had DOUBLE MEMBER MEALS. That was rough. We were actually invited to 3, but couldn't make it to the last one. We first ate at the Wolfley's, then we ate with the Deckers, the ward mission leader's family. It was all delicious. We were kind of stranded at the Decker's for 4 hours though because the other sister in our ward had our car. It was weird just sitting around, but also nice. We weren't allowed to proselyte or set up appointments unless we were invited over. So we just got to play with their kids! Audrey, 9 months old, kept climbing up onto my lap to play with me, and her dad was like, "Should we be stopping this?" and I just thought to myself, "NOOOO!" Because I just really want to hold a baby. Right now please. 


3.  Meet Issac.  Or Diego.  He's our buddy.
4. #selfiesunday
Speaking of kids, though, I got kissed again this week by another little girl. We were in the Kirtland Temple again for a fireside and these two girls were sitting in front of us, then when we left the younger one was like, "Can I come stay at your house? Can I come over? Next time I'm sitting by you. When we get outside, I'm holding your hand." Soooo cute. Then we were saying goodbye and she got me. Right on the cheek. Precious.

Also the other night we decided to buy Madame M some hot chocolate before we met with her, so we're in the drive through and I order it, pay for it, pick it up and start driving away. Then Sister de Kock was like, "Give him a card!" So I stopped, looked around in my bag, couldn't find any.  So she gave me one of her cards to give to the guy. I was just laughing at this point because it was so awkward, and words didn't come out of my mouth. So here's what I said, while laughing: "You wanna have this?" So embarrassing. He started blushing and giggling.  We think he thought we were giving him our number. Little does he know, we were giving him a card with a website on it that can change his life. You're welcome.

But here's the Madame M update: SHE'S GETTING BAPTIZED! We taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ and she said, "I've been thinking about that, and I want to be baptized in December. I'm just afraid of the water." So, she's getting baptized. She's been investigating for so long and wasn't progressing! But things changed recently. Not sure why. I love it though. But while we were in her house, I was looking for a pamphlet that we had given her and I found a stack of about 50 tithing slips, and basically the entire church library on her table. It made me feel weird. Why does she think she needs all of that? Sheesh. That's the things with hoarders--If it's free, they take it. Even if they don't need it. So, you guys, I will never be a hoarder. Also, I've concluded that I will never have inside pets. We vacuumed for this one family in our ward and literally, there was a solid layer of dog hair covering all the carpet. The gray rug is actually black underneath all of the hair. Sick nasty.




Okay back to Madame M. Everytime we go over, we have our assigned seats, so to speak. I sit on the foot rest while she and Sister de Kock sit on the couch. Well, ladies and gentlemen, last time we were over there, she decided to use the foot rest while I was sitting on it. Mind you, it's not the biggest foot rest. But her toenails, on the other hand, ARE the biggest toenails. And they touched me. She kept wiggling her toes and they kept touching me. It wasn't my favorite thing ever, so I then moved to the floor. She also gave me a new wardrobe of things that she had. Where she found them? No clue. But I had to take it all just to be nice. I wore one skirt she gave to me (8 sizes too big) to church on Sunday. The first thing she said to me: "Where's the matching top? Does it not fit?" Well, you'll just have to take a look at the pictures to find out why I really didn't wear it. I had a photo shoot. Enjoy. 

I love the weirdos I run into. I love the normal people I run into. I love Kirtland. I love this gospel, I love my Savior. I love missionary work.

I love you all! Have a great week, please.
Love always,
Jayne
Madam M Fashion Show!
FABULOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment