Monday, December 22, 2014

Week 14: It wasn't just Christ's birth that was a gift; it was his entire life!

Hello! Greetings, season's greetings. How are you? 

You guys, I think my memory is going. I don't really remember this week. We just spent some time at the Visitor's Center watching the nativities. Classic winter at the HKVC (<--that's a gross looking abbreviation). I have to admit, it can be rough at times. Our job is to sit in a chair and make sure no one touches the nativities. Then we rotate to different rooms every hour. And we're not allowed to proselyte. That's the hard part, especially when you're talking to someone who is in your area. We're supposed to study while on duty, but after about 4 hours of it, you start to loose your mind and get a headache. And sometimes the AC and heater don't work so it's 84 degrees inside. But that's okay. 

I'm really taking the nativities for granted though, and I'm a little mad at myself for it. People come from all over northern Ohio to see them, and when they finally make it to the sites, they are in tears because of the beauty of it all and the spirit that is felt so strongly. And here I am, living in this beautiful place, complaining about the extensive heat. I'm spoiled. And disgusted with myself. The lady who runs the bible study that we've been attending came to the sites to see the nativities! It was really cool. We showed her the He is the Gift video and afterwards, she was like, "I just have this energy running throughout my body!" That, my friend, is the spirit. I've watched that video a lot of times. The first time I watched it, I must say, I wasn't too impressed. But I love it more and more with each viewing. I love it so much. The music, as well as everything else about it, is just perfect. 

Oh we went caroling the other night! It was a huge success. It really softened peoples' hearts and we came across so many kind people/families. And we were able to share the He is the Gift video with everyone we came in contact with. I just love it. So much. We caroled at this one house and a little boy answered the door. He just stared at us and you could tell he was a little uncomfortable and didn't know what to do, but we kept singing. Then he went and got his brother, who also stood there and stared at us. About half way through the song, they just walked way, leaving the door open. Inside I was chuckling. But, we are very persistent carolers and we did not cease! Once we finished, they came back and shut the door. So maybe that one wasn't a success, but it sure was funny.

Last night the Community of Christ had a Hymn Sing in the temple that we went to. The VC Sisters sang Prelude music. It's always such a neat experience singing in the temple. The spirit is always so strong. 3 other sisters and I sang a quartet called, "My son, My King" and it is seriously the most beautiful song. It's from Mary's perspective. Here's a little, very little, taste of it: 

"I hold this tiny hand in mine, these hand will cause the blind to see. And bless the children one by one, as they gather round His knee."

That's all I remember, so that's all you get. I really wish I could remember it better. See what I mean? Memory=nonexistent. But it is so pretty! And so touching. Maybe I can send it to you guys or something. President was there. For some reason I always get really nervous to sing at things whenever he's there. Maybe because I completely butchered it at Zone Conference? I don't know.

I just love Christmas. Focusing on Christ is such a blessing. We are all so loved by Heavenly Father--each and every one of us. We are personally known and loved by Him. And that is why He sent His son, the first gift. What I love so much about it is the fact that it wasn't just Christ's birth that was a gift. It was his entire life. He spent every minute of every day of his life selflessly serving, loving, healing and giving. It is because of the gift of His life that we are able to be healed, have fresh starts, experience true forgiveness, and ultimately return to our Heavenly Father again. I'm so grateful for all that is possible through Christ. As a very inadequate servant of the Lord, I have grown to rely heavily on the Atonement. I know that it is real and that it is powerful. I know that it is for every single one of us, no matter how far gone we are. There is nothing that the Atonement can't reach. What greater gift is there? May we remember Christ not only this Christmas season, but always.

I love you all. I hope you have a wonderful week, and I'll speak with  you on Thursday! Wait, is this real life? 

Love,
Sister Livingston
1.  Hello

2. We've been going around to all the members
 in our ward and asking them how they
can share the gift of Christ. Here are the results. Love.

3. <3<3<3 Meet Rosie, the 96 year old lady. Don't mind my cheesy face and lack of eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment