Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Week 15: If You See Old People With Nice Teeth Don't Comment On Them

Dear You,
My eye.  The scar is the little white
thing at the bottom of my pupil.
It's getting smaller!  Yay.
I feel like there was such a big build up to Christmas, but then it never actually happened. Or it did, but it only lasted for about 5 minutes. It just went by so fast, ya know? So fun getting to see/speak with all of you though. Loved it.

The rest of this week has been good, very slow. Holidays tend to do that around here. After we skyped, we went over to a family's house in our ward for dinner. Then we went to the Visitors' Center and basically just hung out until we had a talent show with all of the VC sisters/senior couples. Let me just tell you, the people serving here are HILARIOUS. For the most part. Every once in awhile you run into a Sister Livingston who's just odd. But that's okay, because I'm still a child of God. And I just wrote you a two lined poem. You're welcome. 

We went caroling some more and it was wonderful, yet again. Except for the first house we went to didn't start out too good. We saw them looking at us through the windows, so we smiled and kept walking up to their door, then this lady opened the door (very abruptly, might I add) and said, "Jehovah Witness? Tonight? Seriously?!" Oh, it was scary. I just wanted to hide my face in my jacket and slowly back away. But then we told her we just wanted to sing some carols, and she completely changed. She invited us in and we sang for the party she was having. Then they offered us money. We didn't accept. I think if we accepted the money we've been offered, we could have earned about $100. People are so nice around Christmas time.   

Also, get this. Meet the Mormons is coming to the Visitors' Center. And we'll get to show it to people who come in for free. How cool is that? I feel spoiled. Serving at the VC is great for not only the Visitors' Center aspect of missionary work, but also for proselyting purposes. We always have something to invite them to, whether it be a tour, nativities, or now, Meet the Mormons. And it's fabulous. Kirtland is fabulous. "Kirtland is my home, Phoebe!" - Ann Whitney, Kirtland movie. #historickirtland (<-- that's a real thing)

25 pounds later
I've learned a lot of different things thus far, but I want to share something with you. I notice peoples' teeth apparently. And if someone has good teeth, I tell them. Probably a weird/creepy compliment, but whatevs. My advice: If you see old people with nice teeth, don't comment on them. They're most likely fake. I've had too many times where I say, "You have such nice teeth!" And they reply, "Yeah, if only they were real." And then I just feel uncomfortable. Then end.

Now, lets talk about prayer. It's real. A lot of times we may feel like our prayers aren't answered, but they always are. It may not be in a way/at the time that you expect/want your answers to come, but they always come. I've heard it said this way: Why would Heavenly Father give you a floodlight, when a flashlight is all you need? We can't expect to just be told every single little thing that we should be doing. That's where faith and growth come
in. Heavenly Father is so aware of each and everyone of us. He knows our needs, he knows our concerns and he knows how to best help us. He's listening, so talk to him. You are His child, after all. 

I love you all and hope you have the happiest of all New Years. 

Love,
Me



No comments:

Post a Comment