Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Week 36: More Kisses and Back to Old Tricks

Hello!

I don't have much to say, but if you vote for me, all of your wildest dreams will come true. 

But really. I actually don't have much to say. On Friday we went on exchanges. I went to the Euclid Area with Sister Guinn, with whom I lived when I first got to Ohio, so it was really nice! We went to an Assisted Living Center for service, and this cute little old lady kept staring at me, so I went up to her because I thought she needed something. I bent down to talk with her, then she kind of perked up, and started getting real close to my face. I thought she was going to whisper something so I got closer, then she grabbed my face and gave me a big ole smooch on the cheek. Like, not just a little peck. It was like 3 seconds long. I was a little weirded out. But then I got to thinking and was like, "Okay, she's just a cute little old lady who is very affectionate with everyone." Then I walked away. 

A few minutes pass, and I saw her staring at me again. And again, she looked like she needed something, so I asked what I could do for her. Next thing ya know, another smooch! This time, probably 4 seconds long. "Okay. This is a little weird. But she's still just cute and old."

I leave. Then a few minutes go by, and I see her walking up to me. Once again, I thought she just needed to tell me something so I lean in so she could whisper something to me (you'd think I'd learn). Another. Kiss. 4 seconds. Then she looked at me, smiled and asked, "Do you have a man?" 

.......And then I felt weird inside. Not so cute anymore. So I ran away and wiped my cheek off lots of times. 

We went to a frozen yogurt shop this week and once we got inside, my inner former Schoolhouse Yogurt Employee came out and I went a little nuts with putting the lids on everything, wiping the counters, putting the serving scoops back in their holders, pushing up handles, etc. It was great. 

On Sunday we got to go to the John Johnson Farm in Hiram, Ohio, which is where a lot of really neat things took place in the history of our church. Usually just senior couples give tours there, but during the summer they have the young Sisters who serve in Hiram give tours there. However, none of them really knew the tour yet, so Sister Finlinson and I got to go (she served there last summer) and practice with them! It was really neat. I would love to serve there as well, but most likely won't ever get to. It was especially fun because Sister Heckert is serving in Hiram now so I got to spend the day with her. And I really love her. And sometimes I just want to live with her again. 

The more I think about it, the more amazed I am with the opportunity that I have been given to serve in such a significant place in the history of our church. Before serving here, I had NO idea how much Ohio impacted the early church. No idea. And I'm still learning everyday! I love it so much. I'm excited to come back some day and take you guys on a tour with me. I might cry though because I love it so much. I love learning about the early saints and their courage and faith, but especially about their love and devotion to following our Savior. Theirs are examples that I look up to and need to be much better about following. 

I love you guys! Glad to hear Carter made it to
China safely, but also sad that he's not with Jackie. I hope all goes well with everything! I'll keep them in my prayers. I'm excited to see the little guy soon. :)
So much green.

Look what the cat dragged in.
Love, 
Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment