Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Week 40: New friends and new games

I'm a true lover of yard work these days.
Hello!

This week was a good one. On Friday, I got to go on exchanges with Sister Morrison! She is Sister Allen's new companion. Sister Allen trained her. Therefore, she's my granddaughter. It was really great! We stayed in my area and saw many miracles. One of our appointments with an investigator fell through, what's new? But as a back up, we had planned to do some former stop-bys. We went to this one house where a couple lived, saw a man and woman outside and asked if they were Johnny and Becca. PS those aren't their real names. I forgot them. But they said it wasn't them! So we were about to leave, but then I slapped myself on the wrist, turned around and said, "Actually, can we leave you with this card?"And gave them a pass along card. We started to talk to them and they had SO many questions! And they LOVED what we shared with them. They gave us their numbers and asked us to come back! So we're going to see them tonight and I'm really excited.


Our Elders made us cupcakes for Father's Day.
Don't laugh at my chubby cheeks.






Also, we were walking down a street and a lady was about to walk past us so we offered her a pass along card, but she said, "Is it Jesus? I'm Jewish. We don't talk about that." Then kept waking. Then a few seconds later, we heard her yell, "Hey! There are some people down there playing ping pong! Maybe they'd want to listen." So, we gave it a shot. We walked down there and found a family, Mom and Dad, with their two sons, Alex and Alex. Both in their 20s. Step brothers. They were actually playing corn hole, by the way. Alex 1 was shirtless and drinking, and they were swearing all over the place. So I was scared out of my mind. But his dad was like, "Play us! If you win, Alex will convert." So we thought, "What the heck. Lets do it." Well, we lost. Sorry, everyone. But they said we could come back! And by the time we left, they had stopped swearing! Also, they got our first names out of us and kept calling me Jayne. It was the weirdest, yet most exciting thing I've ever been called! The mom called me Sister Jayne though, and it made me think of the Trentmans. So that was fun. 


The tiny little baby District.
And yesterday we took a youth group on tour. They were all from Utah and had just graduated from HS. Except for they looked like they were all 5 years older than me so I was really intimidated. (I've discovered that I feel as though I'm not capable of certain things because I'm short. And that isn't a joke. Sad, right?) Plus, I was by myself. But it was actually super cool! They were asking so many questions. A lot had received their mission calls already, and some were still deciding whether or not to serve, so it was really neat speaking with them. It was neat being able to help them prepare for their missions, even in the smallest of ways. I just wish I could know what actually happens with them! I really liked them. 


My mission has been so good to me. I have loved it way too much and it's going by way too fast. But I sure do love you guys! I hope you're all well. I hope Lake's little chin feels better soon. I love him so much. 

Love,
Sister Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment