Thursday, June 4, 2015

Week 37: Nothing better than a soft bun. Except maybe a baptism.

1. Thank you for the new shirt, mom!
My face doesn't accurately portray
how I feel about it, don't worry.
Hello! 

First of all, I'm sorry for not telling you that I wouldn't be emailing on Tuesday. I hope you guys didn't cry too much. Just kidding. Not even funny, knock it off. We had a Mission Leadership Council meeting with President Vellinga and all the ZLs/STLs on Tuesday. And it was amazing. But, it was also so depressing because President Vellinga leaves in less than a month so that was his last one. I love him so much! He is amazing. When Chancey was talking about how his Mission President does things at transfer meetings after the departing missionaries share their testimonies, I just thought to myself, "Wait. President Vellinga is your Mission President, too?" Because that's exactly what he is like. It must be a Mission President thing. So in tune with the spirit, so adaptable in what they say, so inspiring, so encouraging, so loving and so proud of us. 
2. "Just" cats? What does that even mean?










On Friday we went on exchanges. This time, I got to go to the Kirtland North area with Sister Merritt! So I was back in my old ward. :) Though, a different area. It was so amazing though! Also, guess who fed us. Brother Decker. What. A. Blessing! It was really fun to see him again. Plus, the burger was delicious, so that's a plus. The buns were so soft. But not like a soggy soft. Just soft. You know? I really like going on exchanges with all of the sisters here. It gives me a chance to get to know                                                                                              them better, and I learn so much from them. 

3. MLC
Also, I forgot to tell you this last week. But two weekends ago, we weren't allowed to leave our apartment because of some rioting going on in Cleveland. So it was really exciting. Except for I was sick so I stayed home anyways. Because I'm a weakling. But it was still exciting. Your'e welcome.

On Sunday we were able to go to a baptism in our ward that the elders have been teaching. It was amazing! I love baptisms. This one was especially good for some reason. The spirit was just very strong. I love the spirit. It makes me happy and it makes me hope my mission never ends. So I think I'll just live here forever. Thank you. 

4. My buddy, Jordan.
                                                                                                    We took some pretty neat tours this week. It is always a great experience when we get to witness righteous mothers and fathers taking opportunities, like being on sacred grounds, to teach their kids the truths of the gospel and to share their testimonies. It makes me want to raise a family of my own and be a perfect mother. That's not too much to ask for, right? Speaking of mothers... 

Congrats to Carter and Jackie!!! Jackson is a cutie. I love him. I don't even know him but I love him. And I'm sad that I couldn't have been there for it. Well, after the whole birthing experience. And cleaning the baby part. But really. I'm happy for you two. I love you guys! 

I hope you are all happy and know how much Heavenly Father loves you. If you're not sure, just read the Book of Mormon. Then you'll know. :) I love you guys!

Love,
Sister Livingston


No comments:

Post a Comment