Thursday, June 11, 2015

Week 38: The hula, the temple, 7 wives for 1 brother and a farmer's tan

Hello, hello you wonderful citizens of my family. It's me.

This week was great. Last night, we got to have a little combined FHE with all of the VC sisters/senior couples and the Community of Christ. We had a barbecue, then went on a hike and saw the most beautiful view of Ohio there is. You could see the lake, and all of Cleveland in the distance. Ohio is SO pretty. I love it. Also, we learned how to hula. Okay okay, tried. But mostly I'm a robot so it didn't work out too well.  

I was hardly with Sister Finlinson at all this week. On Thursday we had a Zone Training Meeting, then afterwards we went on exchanges with Sister de Kock and Sister Adame, who are the other sisters who serve in our area. Two of us were at the VC (Adame and I) while the others were in the Area. Then on Friday we went on exchanges again, and I got to be with Sister de Kock! So much fun being back with her. It felt so normal and I loved it. Probably because I love her. Then on Saturday, Sister Finlinson and I were finally  back together, but actually not really. We were at the VC and it was super busy so we were split up all day taking solo tours. We spent 45 mintues together from 9am-9pm. Being split up with my companion is like a guilty pleasure. Not because I don't like my companion, because I definitely do. I've loved                                                                                                all of them. It's just exciting because it's so different. 

Also, we just got the best news that's ever existed. President emailed us and we can now to go the temple on our missions! I'M GOING TO THE TEMPLE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that place so so so much. And I miss it too much. I was okay with not going for 18 months because it meant I was serving Heavenly Father and His children all the time. But now, I get to do that AND go to the temple. So I'm happy.


And that's my news of the week. 

Okay. I actually have a funny story. While I was with Sister de Kock of Friday, we got a HQ referral, who had requested the Restoration DVD. So we went to deliver it to him and teach him the Restoration! IT was actually someone whom we had given a pass along card to, so that was neat. First thing he says is, "Isaiah 4. Read it." So I started to read it and it was about 7 women clinging to 1 man. Then he told me to stop. We were pretty confused, but then just taught the restoration. He was all over the place. But at the end of the lesson, he was like, "The only reason I would join the Mormons is so that I could have 7 wives." Then he proceeded to tell us about the 7 women who are after him. It was funny. Then he started telling us about electric dreams that he has. And it just got weirder and weirder as the lesson when on. Don't worry though, we told him that we couldn't offer him 7 wives, but we could offer him greater happiness, peace, joy, guidance and comfort than he had ever experienced. He didn't love that answer too much. 

Missions are the best and I've decided that everyone should go on one. Especially if you want a farmer's tan and have never had one before. Because, it will happen. Trust me. 

I love you guys! 

Love,
Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment