Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Week 39:#blessedbeyondmeasure

This week was a little bit sad. Mostly because President and Sister Vellinga are leaving soon, so last week they had a "Mission Tour" where they met with different Zones to give us words of wisdom and say their final goodbyes. I cried like a baby while we sang our Mission Song for the last time together. Then afterward when we were all shaking his hand, he looked me in the eyes, smiled and said, "I love you, Sister Livingston" and told me how proud of me he was. And then I cried some more, naturally.  I am so grateful to have leaders like the Vellingas. I have been able to learn so much from both their words and their way of living. I'm really going to miss them. But, we still have transfers next week so I'll get to see them one more time. So dry those tears up, friends. 

Also, at our Zone's Mission Tour, we played a musical number. There were 2 violinists, a viola and a cello. And the accompanist. We played "Come thou Fount". It was a really pretty arrangement and made me miss playing the violin. Except for I'm not that good at it, so that's unfortunate. I'm also playing at our transfer meeting next week for the final goodbye. Yikes. 

This week I went on exchanges with Sister Barfuss in her area, Euclid East. It was great. She's hilarious and I love her passion. It's so neat being a Kirtland STL because when we go on exchanges, we go with the other sisters in the VC, so we already know each other. It's kind of like just going on an exchange with a good friend for the day. Except for the Missionary Handbooks says not to go on exchanges just to get with a friend, so I'm doomed. 

We also had Stake Coordination this week. So we got to see President again to discuss the missionary work in the Kirtland Stake with our Stake President and the ZLs. That's why I'm happy that I get to get an STL. Because I get to go to meetings and listen to President speak more than usual. #blessedbeyondmeasure 

Really though. I am blessed beyond measure. The hashtag just makes it funny. On my mission, I've really been able to solidify my testimony which, to me, is the greatest blessing. I know that Christ lives. He is my Savior and I love him. I love that I've been able to come to know him more personally, but I want to know HIm even better. I know that Joseph Smith truly did restore Christ's church and I'm grateful for all of the sacrifices that went out in our behalf so that we could enjoy the blessings of the gospel today. And trust me, there are many. I love my Heavenly Father. I love the gospel. I love my mission. And I love you guys. 

Thank you for you love and support and have a wonderful week!

Much love,
Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment