Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Week 73: Tracting...Doors in Your Face and Fun Conversations

Hello! This week was really great. We've been spending almost all of our time finding, and we were able to find some solid investigators! Hopefully will be able to teach their families as well. I've never taught a family before, but I really hope to some day.

We had a lot of really interesting conversations while tracting. One guy, who created his own religion with his buddies, explained how before we came to earth, we were on Mars. But then it got annihilated, obviously, so now we're here. He is "the oldest spirit on the Earth", and some even call him a prophet. We also met a 16 year old Catholic guy who tried to convert us on the doorstep. I didn't work though. And around 6pm, this lady told us that God wouldn't want us out here going around, because it's dark and dangerous. She also told us that we should never EVER go into anyone's home if invited to do so. Little does she know, that's our main objective when tracting. We didn't tell her that though. We also tracted into this older man who was already "saved" so he had no interest. So we asked for a referral and continued down the street. About about 5-10 minutes later, we saw him walking up to us with a little pamphlet called "I went to H-E-doublehockeystick." He then told us to pass it along to someone else. We didn't. But don't tell him that. 

Moral of the story: Tracting is fun. Lots of doors in your face, but lots of fun conversations. And every once in awhile, we find awesome people who want to learn more! So yeah. Missions are the best. Especially when they're in The Ohio. And even more especially when you get to serve at Historic Kirtland. And Busan, too. #waytogoeldertrentman

I love you guys! I love my Savior and I know that He lives. I know that His gospel has been restored and is on the Earth today. I'm grateful for Joseph Smith and his faith and determination to do God's will. I want to be like him and cannot WAIT to see him someday! 

Until next week,
Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment