Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 76: Sister Livingston--The LAST ONE!! The clincher! And what a testimony!


Hello!

I don't really know what I'm supposed to say right now. This is freaking me out. But, here we go. I guess I just want to share a few things that I've been able to learn and relearn these past 18 months. 

First and foremost, I know that Jesus Christ lives and is our Savior. Not only does He live, but He can be a part of my life if I allow Him. Because He lives today, He is able to lead and direct us through a living prophet by revelation so that we can stay on the path that leads to our Father in Heaven. And not only that, but we can find peace and happiness as we go through this life in preparation for the life to come. He is the one that makes it all possible.

Christ's church truly is on the Earth today in its purity and fullness. Joseph Smith was and is the Prophet of the Restoration. He was by no means perfect, but he did what he knew to be right and what the Lord wanted Him to do, even when he didn't fully understand the reasoning. He was faithful, courageous, trustworthy, obedient and selfless. He saw what he said he saw and only did what God asked him to do.

Through Christ and His gospel, I can become more than I ever could on my own. He is the only way for me to truly progress and become not only who I want to be, but who He knows I can be. And that doesn't mean it is always going to easy, but as I rely on Him, I can succeed and continually become better each and every day. 

Trials are a blessing! It is through trials that we are able to grow. We're not alone in our trials, because Christ has gone through it all. Trials give us opportunities that allow us to rely more fully on Jesus Christ and learn how to use His infinite Atonement. They always lead to blessings, no matter how big or small they may be. If nothing else, trials allow us to see how blessed we truly are.

The Holy Ghost knows best. He is able to lead us in our daily lives and in all aspects of it! Sometimes I may not understand the promptings or answers I receive, but I can and should always trust them. God has eternal perspective while mine is limited. He loves us and will not lead us to do anything that will harm or hurt me or any of His other children in the long run.

The Book of Mormon is TRUE! I love that Book so so so much. There is still so much room for increased knowledge when it comes to the scriptures, but I know that the Book of Mormon truly is the Word of God.  If you haven't read it, please read it. If you have, read it again! And if you're not reading it every day, start now. It has allowed me to come to know Christ better than ever before and has changed my life, and I know it will yours. 

Words cannot describe how grateful I am for my mission. It hurts to think that I won't be here much longer, as I have truly come to love everything about Ohio. The people, the places, the weather, even the smell! Well, sometimes the smell. Sometimes.... it's not so good. But I've especially come to love the history of this place. Getting to serve in Kirtland has blessed my life in more ways than I could have ever imagined. Not many get the opportunity to live in a place where so many miraculous events took place--where Joseph lived, walked and taught, and where so much revelation was received. But for some reason, I did, and I am eternally grateful for that. My testimony, though it's always been there, has become solidified, and my love for the gospel exceeds what the human heart should be able to contain. But, God is a God of miracles, right? Right. And he's keeping me together. 

I love you all and will see you soon!

Much love,
Sister Livingston











No comments:

Post a Comment