Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Week 74: It's Our Choice!

Heyheyhey!

Not going to lie, this week we've been on the struggle bus. We can't seem to find any new investigators and it's not my most favorite thing. We seem to find people who love us (and give us SO much food), they just don't want to listen to our message. Seriously. This past week we've been given a full on lasagna, fresh out of the oven homemade bread (not as good as Mike's, of course) and fresh corn bread. By people we hardly know! And it's all so delicious. But, they don't want to listen to us. So we quit them. We're all about the one sided relationships--we don't listen to them, they listen to us.

JUST KIDDING. That's literally the worst.

But on Friday, we had the best training meeting ever! It was so good. The STLs had us go on a "silent" tour of the Whitney Store. In each room, there were pieces of paper with quote/scriptures/questions that we got to read and think about. It made me love love LOVE that store. I already love it a whole lot, but when you get to go in there and just silently think about the gospel and those who sacrificed so much for us, it's different. There was a special spirit there that isn't quite the same as when WE speak and tell stories, because it's 100% the spirit speaking. Not Sister Livingston, you know? I don't know. I just really loved it.

Then, as we were back in the main VC waiting for other sisters to return, there was a slideshow of pictures of Christ playing as we listened to "I Believe in Christ". Talk about powerful. To come from a spirit-filled tour, to watching that and reflecting on my mission--so many tears. Too many. It made me realize how much my testimony of Christ has been strengthened these past couple of months that I've been able to serve. It gave me time to really ponder Him and who He is. I just love him. I don't know how else to put it. I know that He died for us and that through that, I am able to be forgiven of my sins. I'm able to be strengthened and one day turn into the person that He knows I can be, though I may not always see it in myself. I know that He can heal, comfort and support us if we let Him. But it's our choice-as much as He may want to, He's isn't going to force himself on us. That's not like him. One of my favorite parts in the Book of Mormon is found in Alma 5 when Alma speaks to those in Zarahemla. He says, "a shepherd hath called after you and is still calling after you". Then he says, "but YE will not hearken unto his voice." It's our choice! It's as simple as that. He is there, but we have to choose Him. I love it. And let me just say, life is a whole lot easier when we choose Him. 

I love you guys. Thanks for your love and support, and I'll talk to you next week!

Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment