Sunday, April 26, 2015

Week 30: Without Christ I am Nothing

Hello! We were at the Visitor's Center 4 days this week. I feel like there was someone I partially knew that came in who I wanted to ask about, but maybe not. Oh! Actually, this is it: Elder VanLeewen or something. I'm not sure. A bunch of sisters told me he came in with his family and asked for me. He served in our ward and knew our family apparently. Do you guys know him?

I had a dream that I forgot to do a homework assignment, and I woke up feeling really nervous and sick, but then remembered I'm on a mission--no homework. One of the many blessings that come from serving a mission. I don't miss homework. 

Anyway. We also had a Zone Training Meeting and a few other meetings, as well as Stake Conference, leaving us a total of 1 full day in our area. It was kind of sad. But, there were still little baby miracles that were seen which I am grateful for. Without them, missionary work would be impossible. We were able to meet quite a few people who have potential. And they're all girls, so hallelujah! Teaching men was hard. Especially during the winter because we couldn't just meet outside, but we couldn't meet with them inside. You know?

This week, yesterday actually, we went street contacting and met a man who had 9 cats. Nine cats. What in the world. Can I move in? Just kidding. We also met a little old lady while trying to stop by to see some less actives. She let us in and had 4 cats. So many cat people.

I love my mission. Really, just everything about it. Even the things that are hard and really stretch me. But, I need the stretching for multiple reasons. 1) I'm short. 2) There is so much room for improvement in myself. And I've come to realize just how nothing I am without Christ. Literally. Without him, I am nothing. John 15:5. Love it. So I am forever grateful for him. I know that he sacrificed himself because of his eternal, perfect love for us. And because of that, we are not only able to be forgiven of our sins so that we can be worthy to live with Heavenly Father, but we are able to lean on Christ and receive comfort and strength so that we can enjoy life's journey through the hardships that come with mortality. I loved Elder Holland's talk and how he pointed out that there's no way we  could come to understand, even a little bit, the Atonement if there hadn't been a fall, because it wouldn't be necessary. It was a neat perspective. Elder Holland has a lot of those. 

I have to go take another load of Madame M's stuff to Goodwill now. I love you guys! Thanks for everything. Have a grand week.

Love,
Jayne



Sister Clarkson, the cute little less active in the pink, is my favorite person ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment