Sunday, April 26, 2015

Week 31: Stone Quarry with Touch Drill Marks and Social Media! (Last Paragraph)

First off, I would just like to formally congratulate Elder Trentman. Why is he so cool?!! I'm so happy for him! Ahhh he's going to be so great. I know it. (Chancey Trentman just got called to serve as the youngest zone leader to ever be called in his area.  He's feeling very inadequate and humbled by this leadership opportunity but we know with the Lord on his side he will do a great job.)

Second off, hello. This week was fabulous. Allow me to tell you about it:

Last P-Day  (Preparation Day:  A day they have "off" to prepare for the week and get mundane errands and necessities done) we got to go to the Stone Quarry where the saints got stone for the temple. You can still see the drill marks so it's really neat. Being here just makes everything so much more real. I don't know how else to describe it. But I love it so much. The more I learn about the early saints, the more I love them. They had such strong faith and were so devoted to doing whatever it was that God asked of them, giving up anything/everything on the way. I want to be more like that. 

We took lots of tours this week. It's getting really busy, like to the point where sometimes we don't eat lunch till 3pm because we're out on tours all morning. And I love it. It's so neat how even though we're taking people to the same rooms, all of the tours are different. My favorite thing is when people come in and are just so touched by the spirit that is there. And when people really appreciate the buildings and the history that is there. Sometimes I think I take it for granted--getting to live in such a spiritually rich environment. 

We had exchanges on Friday! Exchanges are always fun. Except for I met this little boy in the area I went to and he kept asking me if he could sit on my lap, which isn't allowed. I didn't really know what to do. So, I was a mea to him unfortunately and just said, " Nope!" Hopefully he'll forgive me.

Also, this Saturday we're having what's called "Social Media Splits" where we'll be going out with members all day. They will be taking pictures of us, then posting them on Social Media such as instagram, twitter, facebook and whatever else is out there. They will be using the #socialmediasplits #clevelandldsmissionaries and #adayinthelifeofamissionary hashtags. So if you can, it would be great if you could like/share pictures of me that you see. Okay that sounds super vain. But it's something we've been asked to ask of those back home so that more people can see the pictures and we can spread the gospel more using social media. It should be really cool. 

And that's it. I'm just really happy for Elder Trentman right now. Okay. Have a nice week everyone! I love you. 

Love,
Sister Livingston




No comments:

Post a Comment